Before you begin:
Smooth Sailing Realty & Property Management Rental Guidelines
1. Smooth Sailing Realty & Property Management strictly adheres to all Fair Housing Laws.
2. No Unlawful Detainer/Eviction within the last 5 years.
3. Pets are OK with prior owner approval. Absolutely no pitbulls or pitbull mixes. Additional deposit is required.
Photo of your Pet is required at the time you submit your application.
4. Each person over the age of 18 must complete an application with accurate and truthful information.
5. Application fee is $40.00 per adult, and is non-refundable, except in the event the property of interest is already rented.
6. Applicant(s) must have gross monthly income of 2.5 times the rent.
7. Applicants must have their OWN individual EMAIL ADDRESS when applying.
8. Proof of income is required for all sources of income. If you are self employed please provide 2yrs most recent tax returns prepared by a professional agency & Copy of your business license.
9. Your application will NOT be processed until a COMPLETE package is submitted. A complete package includes the following:
• 2 month of pay stubs, proof of income,
or 2yrs most recent tax returns prepared and signed by a professional agency & copy
of your business license if you are self employed
Photo of your Pet is required at the time you submit your application
• Photo ID issued by a government agency /
• You must view the interior of the property with our property manager
• Rental verification – Contact numbers and address for current and past landlords minimum 2 yrs
10. If a co-signer is necessary, the co-signer must also submit a complete application package and will be required to show income of 4 times the market rent, have established positive credit of longer than 5 years, and have owned a home or rented 5 yrs at current residence.
11. Applicants with less than 2 years of rental history/ownership or 1 year of continuous employment may be required to pay an increased security deposit or provide a co-signer.
12. Applications will not be considered if an applicant has any bankruptcy proceedings not yet discharged. Proof of discharge will be required.
13. Credit reports provided by applicant will not be accepted.
14. Applicant understands that any outstanding balances due to a former landlord for any reason, must be paid in full before an application is submitted. Or if you owe a current balance to any utility company that must be paid in full.
15. Once approved, a Holding Deposit will be required within 1 business day, and move in date must be within 14 days.